1. Inquire — Call or email Lancaster Country Day School’s Admission Office to receive an application and introductory materials.
2. Have an Introductory Campus Visit or attend an Off-Campus Scholarship Information Session. Introductory Campus Visits provide families a tour of the school and a chat with a member of our admission team. Off-Campus Information sessions typically include a 10-15 minute presentation and a Q&A session. Families may also elect to attend one of our three annual Open Houses. Those already familiar with our program and our school may elect to expedite the process and skip to Step 3.
3. Visit the Campus formally. Full Campus Visits include an interview, a tour of the school, an admissions exam and the chance for students to attend class. While not a requirement, a visit by both parents is strongly encouraged whenever possible. The admissions exam includes an Educational Records Bureau (ERB) test and completion of a writing sample.
4. Complete a Regular Lancaster Country Day application. Applications are mailed to all those who inquire. You can also download the application forms
from our website.
5. Declare your wish to be considered a candidate for a Merit Scholarship by writing this on the Comments Section of your "First Step - Request Information" online form.
6. Consider the option to apply for need-based/additional scholarship. Families from a broad range of incomes apply to Lancaster Country Day. Some families’ circumstances may qualify them for assistance above and beyond the $12,000 merit scholarships. Beyond the merit-based program, Lancaster Country Day provides more than $1.6 million in need-based financial aid to students each year. Completion of this process can facilitate other scholarship support the school may provide to worthy applicants outside the merit scholarship program. Interested participating families have the option to go online to sss.nais.org and complete a standard financial aid process questionnaire — the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). The site offers a password that will allow you to complete the process in stages if you should have questions along the way. This application is standard and filled out by over a million families of a very wide variety of incomes nationwide each year. The process is confidential and all documents are handled with the utmost level of confidentiality.
7. Attend the Student Leadership Session in April. Candidates with completed applications will be invited to a Student Leadership Session as the review process comes to a close. The sessions will provide each applicant leadership training, further orientation to the school and an introduction to fellow applicants and current Lancaster Country Day School students. During the student leadership sessions, parents will have the opportunity to attend a final question and answer session with members of the admission team.